Wednesday, June 22, 2011

NHL Awards: All that Glitters isn't the Stanley Cup


The NHL Awards took place tonight in Vegas. The Twitterverse was abuzz with the winners. Many of my friends were there to cover the event. I missed the entire broadcast.

And I didn't care.

I didn't care that I missed a number of good looking hockey players walking the red carpet in Armani, Hugo Boss and other designers I don't know. (Don't get on me because I wrote "good looking." We all know there are some lookers in the league. Even if you don't want to admit that aloud.)

I didn't care that I missed host Jay Mohr poke fun at the Edmonton Oilers and goodness knows what/who else.

I didn't care that I missed half-baked presenters and awkward acceptance speeches.

I didn't care that I don't know award winners aside from Lidstrom, Kesler & Disco Dan Bylsma.

Is something wrong with me? Or do more hockey fans feel the same way I do, even if they don't want to admit it aloud?

My interest ended after the Bruins won the Cup. To me, that's the only award that really matters (NOT to take away from players' individual achievements).

So what DO I care about?

Ask me on Sunday, after the NHL Draft has ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment