Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Most Amazing Goal

This is the most amazing goal you'll ever see.
NOT because of technique-- but because of the teamwork it took to make it happen.
I dare you to watch... and not be touched.



Some background notes about this video, provided by Dale Lowe on his blog.

"I'm writing this from a hotel room in Kitchener, the host city for this year's Special Hockey International tournament.  I just got to witness an emotional Opening Ceremony welcoming the 32 teams - - many from Ontario and the eastern US.  There are also 2 teams from the UK with us this week.The theme of this year's tournament is "Yes I Can".  And while I often talk on the air about how proud I am of our local Kawartha Komets teams, it's impossible to find words that describe what I get to witness each week at the rink - - children and young adults alike who are overcoming physical adversity, neurological challenges and social issues.
Special needs inhockey is special.  This video captured an unstaged moment during A Guelph Giants game last year that embodies the spirit of the game.
I look forward to seeing more of these special moments over the next few days.
Enjoy."

No comments:

Post a Comment