Friday, June 13, 2008

Ovechkin is Great, BUT....





I was holding out hope that Evgeni Malkin would win the Hart Trophy last night.

Yes, yes, I know all about Alexander Ovechkin and his 65 goals. I know about his exciting play that helped drive the Capitals to the playoffs.

But... I still contend that Malkin's efforts are more MVP-worthy.

When Sidney Crosby went down with a high ankle sprain, everyone wrote the Penguins off. Then, Malkin, who is already an excellent player, stepped up his game even more.
It was as though someone lit a fire under him. He scored goals, he made dazzling plays. He and the other Pens charged along, full-speed, until Sid was ready to rejoin them.

We all know what happened next.

Okay, so Geno didn't have the best playoffs. But the Hart Trophy is about the REGULAR season, and his regular season was SPECTACULAR.

Again, I'm not taking anything away from Ovechkin and his accomplishments.

But to me, Evgeni Malkin is MVP all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment